As noted earlier, the Lord has been dealing with me about three constructs: Love, Fear, and Courage. Now, I guess my question is, ‘What do these three words have to do with one another?’ This is what I believe that the Lord is saying:
– If we love the Lord, we need to show it. For the word exclaims, “If you love me, feed my sheep” (John 21:17).
– Perfect love casts our fear (I John 4:18). Your love for me will overthrow any fear of people, things, fear of occurrence, or missing out on this or that. You love for me will overthrow fear and propel you into obedient action.
– When the Lord spoke to Mary, Joseph, Moses and others, saying “Do Not Be Afraid” he was telling them, Listen, I know that you love me. I’ve got something that I need you to do for me. You’re going to have to be brave. You’re going to have to be focused. Muster up courage. Do this for me. I’ll be with you, as usual. 🙂
– Moses, I know that you cannot speak well. Trust that I love you and that I have your best interest in mind, Trust that I know what I am doing and that I will help you do what I want you to do. Speak for my people. Support, defend, and love them. Give them the words that I give you.
– Mary, I know that you are young and that you and Joseph have not known each other. Be a good mother to my flesh and love him.Trust that I love you and have your best interest in mind. Your sacrifice will help all of man kind. Trust that I know what I am doing and that I will help you.
– Joseph, I know that Mary and you have not known each other. The easiest thing for you to do in today’s society is exploit Mary. Don’t do that! Trust that she has not been with a man. Know that I love you and have your best interest in mind. Trust that I know what I am doing and that I will help you. Support her and love her. With Mary, take care of me as I am your flesh and I will help you.
There are many accounts of humans being told to not ‘be afraid’ by angels or other representations of Jesus Christ. In just these three, I hope that you get my drift. These three were obedient and chose to move as directed. They were courageous, allowed their love for God to overthrow fear.
As a result, their lives influenced the lives of all people who lived, forever!